Ethics and Conduct Protocol
SAXUM, during the execution of multiple projects, was in direct contact with local communities and local engineering professional associations aiming at improving the relationship between our Clients and their Projects with the involved Communities, acting always as the representatives of our Clients. Similarly, SAXUM always demonstrated in its hiring an effort to involve as many technicians and professionals from the local communities as possible, even generating training courses for local personnel, as well as promoting the use of small commercial premises for supply and services.
Take as an accessory and exemplary note, the action of SAXUM in the local community of Tolar Grande, Salta province in Argentina, regarding the EPCM service performed by SAXUM for the Lindero project, where hardware equipment has been donated to local educational institutions.
SAXUM has a Legal Department, which is enrolled in a Procurement and Contracting Ethics policy and has appointed a Corporate Compliance Officer, which is responsible for ensuring the application of the Anti-Corruption Policy protocol, which is endorsed by its staff of professionals. This dossier and protocol are used in its entirety in the execution of EPCM services by SAXUM. The Legal Department of SAXUM works closely with Contract Administration and the Procurement department, ensuring that the anti-corruption policy is an annex to each contract that is executed by itself or by third parties.
The company needs to acquire materials and contract services in a timely manner and in the best conditions of quality, opportunity and cost offered by the market for the development of contracted projects.
To support this, a Purchasing Policy has been developed so that the process is simple and expeditious; and to ensure that effectively through the philosophy of Continuous Improvement, the initiatives of cost reduction are contributed, granting transparency to each of the processes, in a safe, sustainable and environmentally responsible manner.
This management of the Supply Area is based on the definition of SAXUM Engineering policies.
- Generate appropriate controls of the procurement process.
- Provide adequate tools for cost control.
- Provide consistency in all procurement and contracting operations.
The Supply Area will have the necessary personnel, systems and services to ensure the efficient execution of purchasing activities, which include:
- Maintain simple procedures that respond to the customer's purchase needs.
- Keep an updated registry of suppliers open.
- Maintain updated electronic files and proper documentation involved in all Purchase activities.
- Analyze and evaluate the quotes received, based on the combination of factors such as price, quality, delivery time, etc.
- Select suppliers with proven capabilities and ensure that they maintain satisfactory performance in Sustainable Development.
- Minimize direct awards (sole supplier).
- Prepare Letters of Recommendation, the Commercial and Technical Analysis Reports of the offers received.
- Clarify the doubts that suppliers may have.
- Get suppliers to deliver services in a timely manner.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all purchasing activities.
- Deepen knowledge of the markets for goods and services, developing market intelligence to detect opportunities and risks.
The SAXUM Procurement Team develops working relationships with other specialized SAXUM areas such as Engineering, Legal Affairs, Finance, Accounts Payable, etc .; making use of your support for the purposes of review, comment and information during the development process of tenders and awards.
In carrying out purchasing functions and responsibilities, Area staff conduct themselves in a highly professional and efficient manner; complying with the following characteristics:
- Careful knowledge of SAXUM policies and practices.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the Market.
- Innovative attitude.
- Accurate strategic planning.
- Flexibility in the selection of the purchase method that best meets the needs of users and market conditions.
- Use agile and simple contracting processes, understanding that these characteristics depend on the magnitude and complexity of the good to be provided or service to be contracted.
- Demand a high level of compliance from Suppliers.
- Have knowledge of legal issues, incoterms and risk of exposure in commercial situations related to purchases.
Project Management Procedures
SAXUM specializes in the provision of engineering services and management of high-level projects for the industry.
Our management style is based on project management through a corporate structure, business units and the own management teams of each project.
This allows us to be a company that, following the corporate guidelines, we can adapt the resources, techniques, structures and management to the particular characteristics of each Project, in the region that is located.
Scope of our project management model:
SAXUM provides a wide range of project management services, and can summarize them in:
- EPCM projects
- Engineering Projects: conceptual, basic and detailed.
- Projects of Feasibility Studies, Trade Offs, and Environmental Impact
- Supervision and Maintenance Projects
SAXUM project management model:
SAXUM, through the project teams and the support of the corporate areas, design, implement and control the execution of each Project through the Project Execution Plans (PEP).
These plans, unique and unique to each project, reflect the Project or Service Management Planning, its structure, particularities, critical points, operational controls, construction equipment, engineering, contractor control and any other methodology that is customized and adapted. to each need, always, considering the applicable legal framework and SAXUM corporate guidelines.
Each PEP details the specific requirements of the Client, generating particular modalities of application for each contract and is sized according to its complexities.
The result of this planning also involves all the necessary activities of verification, validation, monitoring and measurement, both for the products purchased, hired own and third parties, as well as for the constructions and installations carried out.
In the case of purchased products, the identification of particular characteristics or functions may arise, being called the "Non-standard Products" and may require specific inspection and testing plans.
The PEP, in turn, has the peculiarity of being able to adapt to other Management Systems such as that of the Client or other parties involved in the contract.
Construction Management Procedures
SAXUM´s Construction Management is the core of the company's services. It involves the direction, regulation and supervision of a project from early development to its completion and is responsible for planning work schedules, coordinating the most efficient method and
construction strategies and budgeting.
The team is composed of multidisciplinary professionals that allow us to administer the different disciplines, such as: Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation, Safety, Contracts, Administration, Commissioning, etc.
Our experience, strong focus to project objectives, and the mutually reinforcing joint-work between our professionals of all different departments, allows us to be the tailor-made solution for our customers’ EPCM projects.
SAXUM acts as the owner's representative in conducting the Site Supervision, Comprehensive Project Planning, Contract Administration and Management Control through Cost and Resource Control, involving the Technical Field Office, Quality and its team of Health, Safety and Environment to ensure that problems are addressed on time, guaranteeing a strong commitment to achieve objectives of costs, time and quality of the final product, unique in each project.
SAXUM has procedures for construction management that allow, among other things, to standardize the activities of the work team, optimize the monitoring of the project master, monitor the progress of the different work contracts, control the costs of the project and the quality of the jobs running.
Logistic & Expedition Procedures
Our experienced Sourcing team has the capacity and portfolio of suppliers necessary for the planning, coordination and purchase management of all the necessary resources for your project, together with the appropriate Logistics team to ensure that the materials and equipment are available at the foot of the work to ensure compliance with the RAS dates of the construction program.
Furthermore SAXUM offers comprehensive services of:
- Comprehensive Logistics and Comex Management, totally focused on EPCM projects.
- Evaluation, development and management of suggested suppliers for international, national and local logistics.
- Analysis, planning and development of port services and customs procedures including dispatchers. Customs and import strategy. Early mode configuration for imports or exports. Analysis and dynamic geographic proposals of free zones, fiscal deposits, and nationals. Foreign Trade Management. Import and Export Services. Guarantee compliance with environmental, safety and quality policies.
- Origin / Destination Analysis of the optimal port, air, land and rail infrastructure for entering the country; as well as internal / domestic routes to guarantee a quality and safe supply. Guarantee compliance with environmental policies.
- Analysis and review of access roads to project areas, design of strategic supply logistics and reverse logistics. Study of global storage and redistribution centers in order to ensure proper logistical support, guaranteeing compliance with environmental, security, and community social relations policies.
- Service and management of freight forwarder at a global level, with the capacity to operate with general loads, dangerous loads, and extra heavy loads or loads outside of standard dimensions. Equipment and professionals with proven expertise. Polymodal transport: national and international, global capacity in land modalities including rail, sea and air. Guarantee compliance with environmental, safety and quality policies.
- Advice on strategic mobilization and demobilization plans for machinery and equipment park. Traffic flow and organization of the road matrix of income / expenses of sites. Guarantee compliance with environmental, safety and quality policies.
- On Site Production Logistics. Management and administration of the Park of Machines, Equipment, light and heavy vehicle fleet and transport of people, during construction and operation. Applied technologies and professionals capable of inspecting and guaranteeing preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance. Cost Control Management and performance improvement. Fuel Supply Platform Administration. Guarantee compliance with environmental, safety and quality policies.
SAXUM has a team of engineers and professionals with extensive experience and experience capable of providing comprehensive solutions to industries. With a strong track record in the mining, cement, lithium, manufacturing and Oil & Gas sectors.
Our professionals in the disciplines of Civil & Structural Engineering, Mechanics, Piping, Electrical, and I&C participate in the different stages of your project, from feasibility to detailed engineering for construction, to help you achieve cost and deadline objectives.
By standardizing procedures, SAXUM guarantees the correct fulfillment of each of the stages for the development of Engineering projects. The procedures used during the Start, Planning, Development, Control and Closing phases of each of our projects are certified under the ISO 9001 Quality Standard. In this way, we ensure the most efficient and quality management of our services.
Pre-commissioning and commissioning Procedures
SAXUM has professionals to carry out the tasks of Pre-Commissioner, Commissioner and Commissioning of all Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation and Control systems, carrying out the corresponding checks and tests under specific conditions, with highly trained personnel with extensive experience in the field, to ensure that project equipment and facilities have been constructed in accordance with IFC detailed engineering guidelines and documentation.